Educator (Part-Time – As Needed)
The Educator is a part-time teaching position, with a considerable amount of student and teacher contact. The primary responsibility of the Educator is to deliver focus programs to visiting school and scout groups. The Educator plays an essential role in providing every student and teacher with a high quality, interactive, and engaging Museum gallery focus program experience.
Under the direction of the Program Coordinator and Education Director, the Educator will deliver Focus Programs rooted in the relevant TEKS standards to pre K-12 students. As needed, the position will be assigned to other programs, including: leading overnights, workshops, tours, camps, family programs, and other duties as assigned. The Educator reports to the Education Director.
- Deliver high-quality focus programs to pre K-12 students from a developed roster of Museum created curricula.
- Deliver high-quality programming to everyone who visits the museum.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position requires availability of 29 hours per week, Monday through Sunday between the hours of 8am and 5pm. Additional hours possible as program grows. Ability to work evenings and weekends, as required.
- Minimum of a BS or BA degree preferred.
- Prior experience teaching a range of ages in school or community setting.
- Valid Texas Driver’s license with clean driving record.
Send resume and cover letter to Sarah Coles, Education Director. email@example.com