Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts
Robots, crystals, exoskeletons—it’s not a sci-fi movie, It’s just another day at the Museum. CC Museum offers six science and history themed Boy Scouts of America badge programs per year. We use our labs and technology to focus on finishing the most technical requirements. Bring in your blue books and our badge counselors will sign off on your finished requirements!
|Boy Scouts||Girl Scouts|
|January 21||Robotics||January 7 & 28||Mechanical Engineering|
|March 18||Geology||February 18||Home Agriculture|
|May 13||Environmental Science||April 8||Geology|
February 4 – Cub Scout Badge Program: Recycled Engineering
The Boy Scout merit badge program is open to all Boy Scouts ages 10-17.
Girl Scouts are offered to all Girl Scouts ages 8-17.
Time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Cost: $15 for members, $20 for non-members (includes materials, instruction and snack).
Advance registration is required. Call to register: 361-826-4667
NightLab – Overnight at the Museum
Have your boy/girl scout group spend the night at the museum, with fun activities and experiments planned throughout the night. Dinner, snack and breakfast are included.
|Boy Scouts||Girl Scouts|
|March 3||Dinosaurs||April 14||Weather|
Time: Friday night to Saturday morning, 6:00 pm – 8:00 am
Ages: For children age 7 and up
Cost: $45 per child, minimum 30 children. $20 for adults (minimum 1 adult per 5 children)
- Dinner – 2 slices pizza/person (cheese or pepperoni), water, punch, and snack
- Breakfast – assorted cereals or muffins, milk, juice, and coffee
- 10% off gift shop coupon for all guests
- 50% off return visit coupon good for one admission, for each guest
To schedule a NightLab for your group call 361-826-4667 or email HollyN@cctexas.com.
Available NightLab themes:
- CSI: NightLab – There’s been a crime at the museum! Help crack the case by collecting evidence, analyzing fingerprints, deciphering hand writing, exploring chromatography.
- Mad Scientist – Exploding, smoking, bubbling science. Is it alive? Become a mad scientist using electricity, chemistry and all the stuff you can’t do at home. Don’t worry mom, it’s really safe… Or is it?!
- Eco Tales – People are not the only residents of South Texas! Join us while we explore the different plants and animals that also call South Texas home. This Overnight program is perfect for Cub and Girl Scouts working towards their Wildlife Conservation Loop Badge or Academic Pin.
- Women of Texas – Learn about the historically significant women of Texas. From Supreme Justice Sandra Day O’Conner to poet Gloria Anzaldua, learn why you don’t mess with Texas women. This Overnight program is a great choice for Girl Scout groups.