Turtle Time! Have you ever wondered how fast sea turtles can swim? Or what is the difference between a turtle and a tortoise? Join us for this family-friendly event where local rescues discuss their work with the turtle population in South Texas. 1 pm guests can learn about turtle prosthetics and work of wildlife rehabilitation being done with UT Marine Science Institute. The Texas Sea Life Center will also be here with their tortoise ambassadors! Create sea turtle crafts then swing by the Master Naturalist booth to learn about coastal critters of all kinds!
Guests are encouraged to beat the line and pre-purchase tickets online today. The cost of entry is General Admission for non-Members. Museum Members and children under 3 years old are FREE.
- Saturday, November 11, 2023
- 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 9 a.m. opening for Museum Members
- General Admission for Non-Members
- Museum Members & Children Under 3 are FREE
- Presentation About Turtle Prosthetics and Rehabilitation with the UT Marine Science Institute
- Tortoise Ambassadors from the Texas Sea Life Center
- Beachcombing and Washed-Up Items Presentation with Jace Tunnel of the Harte Research Institute of the Gulf of Mexico Studies at TAMU-CC
- Sea Turtle Crafts
- Master Naturalist Booth